DIY Wooden Gramophone
The gramophone, invented by Thomas Alva Edison in 1877, is generally regarded as a miracle in the 19th century. It is a machine that records and reproduces sound through analog signals. In the 1940s, the gramophone was the main music player. After the 1960s, people gradually entered the digital age, and the gramophone gradually faded out of people's vision. However, the sounds recorded in the analog signal era are still played through the gramophone, which is more classic and precious.
In this DIY Wooden Gramophone we use 424 pieces of wood to reproduce its shape, structure, and function in a completely new way. It is not only just a model, but also a working gramophone that can actually play records. What not many people know is that the most classical gramophone is manual. In order to revive the classics, we adopted a similar structure. Through an internal complex gear structure, this gramophone can be played without a battery, which makes people experience something similar to an in-person performance.
This gramophone supports both 7-inch and 10-inch records. You can manually control the volume through the knob. We also made a Micro-USB port for this gramophone, which can be connected to an external power supply to reduce the intensity of the hand crank. Simply follow the instructions manual step-by-step to easily assemble this gramophone within a few hours. The parts of this gramophone are made by a laser precision cutting technique assembled by a buckle in which each part has a code assigned to it, this makes the assembly very simple.
- Uses 424 pieces of wood to reproduce its shape, structure, and function in a completely new way
- Not a model but a fully working gramophone which can play records
- No need of a battery because of the internal complex gear structure, so that the listening experience is similar to an in-person performance
- Supports both 7-inch and 10-inch records
- Manual volume control through the knob
- Has a Micro-USB port which can be connected to an external power supply to reduce the intensity of the hand crank
- Simple to-do assembly steps provided in the instructions manual - whole assembly can be finished within a few hours
- Parts of this gramophone are made by a laser precision cutting technique assembled by a buckle in which each part has a code assigned to it, this makes the assembly very simple
- Package comes with a vinyl record containing 3 music records: The Merry Gent, Memory Of A Dance, and The Giant Killers.
- Number of wood pieces : 424 pieces.
- Assembly time: Takes about 8 hours.
- Recommend age: 14+, children under the age of 14 can complete the assembly accompanied by their parents.
- Certificates: EN71, CE, FSC, FCC.
- Weight: 1kg.
- Assemble size: 226 x 261 x 429 millimetres.
- Package size: 317 x 235 x 83 millimetres.
**Please note that if product is shipped from China, due to the customs restrictions, instead of wax, a full candle will be provided in the package.